Monday, October 10, 2011

Third week update (Late)

Sorry for this late post but I was so busy the previous week and I forgot about the blog temporarily.

Last week I competed in the Great Canadian Appathon 2 so I had no sleep for two days straight and then I had four assignments due in the same week right after the appathon.

I think our team did really well in GDA2 we had me (third year game dev. and previously worked for a game developing company) as a programmer, and three 3rd year networking students (one is also worked at the same game development company), one was also a programmer, another was a artist, and the last person did the game design. Our game was programmed in Flash CS5 since we only had 2 days to build the game and it had the ability to export into a ipa (iphone) app file. Our game came out pretty well, we think we made the top 25 (hoping we hear a response tomorrow) but I don't think we made the top 12 (to get a prize) since there is a lot of talented game developers in the contest and our game wasn't our best and the coding was rushed and messy. We are sure we'll do better next time though. :)

As for the GDW3 game there has only been more late designing going on. I really like the new idea the designers thought about in the game though I question if it's achievable in such a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment